Uwa Earth Foods, a 100% Nigerian and NAFDAC approved healthy food and lifestyle brand was launched by Amaka Agbakoba-Onyejianya and Oby Ugboma. Noticing a gap in the market for products they liked that were not readily accessible in regular shopping outlets, Amaka & Oby decided to create a brand that would produce goods made entirely from under utilised local ingredients.
With an ethos of producing well packaged, staple Nigerian consumer goods that are not only affordable, but are free from artificial flavourings, additives and preservatives; Uwa Earth Foods reinforces the belief that getting locally produced quality products in Nigeria is very much a reality.
Amongst the foods they produce, Uwa Earth Foods manufactures 100% natural nut butters exclusively made in Nigeria. Whether you like smooth, crunchy, spicy or chocolate nut butters, all tastes are catered for. The best part? They’re free from additives and preservatives so you can gorge on them straight from the pack without feeling guilty,!
As well as the nut butters, (which I personally love!), they also have unrefined Palm Oil & Coconut Oil and Peanut Crunch Bites, all of which are like the butters, 100% produced in Nigeria.
Speaking to Amaka about some of the challenges they’ve faced with the brand, she tells us the biggest one has been
both of them coming from professional backgrounds and the challenge of having to fully understand and immerse themselves into the world of agro-processing. Learning a new industry, its rules & regulations and it’s modes of operation meant that the duo had to go back to basics. I can imagine that was quite challenging given that they were both successful in their individual fields. However, they are yet another example of having the faith to turn your passion into a viable business!
Products from Uwa Earth Foods can be purchased from the below places;
- Hub Mart, Adeola Odeku, Victoria Island, Lagos
- Prince Ebeano Supermarkets (Oniru, Lekki 1, Chevron
- City Dia Supermarkets (Lekki 1, Surulere, Ikorodu, Festac, Akoka)
- So Fresh, Awolowo Road, Ikoyi, Lagos
- La Pointe supermarket, Akin Olugbade Street, Victoria Island, Lagos
- Nkataa Online Store; Abuja www.nkataa.com
- Bulk orders can be placed here: firstname.lastname@example.org, 09097535334, www.uwaearth.com
For a chance to win a selection of Uwa Earth Foods products simply;
- Make sure you’re following @uwaearthfoods and @thebfcollective & like this post on the Instagram page.
- Answer this easy question in the comments section below. “What was the biggest challenge Amaka & Oby faced?”
Winner will be announced on Tuesday 20th December.